Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yard Sale a Success!…? T-minus 16 Days Till Departure

How strange it is the things that people do and don’t buy at a yard sale….Things that I for sure thought would be gone before we were even set up are still sitting in our house. Yet things that I haven’t looked at in years sell like hotcakes, so strange. Amongst the things that didn’t sell, our couch and loveseat (3 years old on for $350 for the set!), a pretty well perfect exersaucer, diaper genie and booster seat, some brand new clothing items (adult and baby), Total Gym pull up bar… and the list goes on, plus the things like dining table/ 4 chairs and Ikea shelving unit that only sold in the last hour of the sale…. its seems to always be the little 50 cent things that sell. Which brings me to my next thing for the day, people are cheap! I mean we priced our things very reasonably but people want things that you paid $100 for and are selling for $25 for a buck…. like be real people! Sorry to rant, but this isn’t a flea market these are our things, our belongings, not someone else’s crap, I mean sure we are trying to sell it but only because we are moving…..ah well I guess they don’t care about that but still!! urgh! lol

As much as I was looking forward to this sale I was surprised to find it somewhat emotional this morning when thinking of getting rid of our things. The hardest thing for sure today though was giving up Dakota (our dog), our neighbours daughter is in love with her and has been since we moved in, so when she heard we were looking for a home for her she suggested taking her home for the week and seeing how it goes with her cat. So she did today, it was so hard watching her back out of the driveway with Dakota looking at us all happy, not knowing what was going on. As much as we wanted to just keep her for a little longer we knew this would be a good home for her where she will get completely pampered I am sure. As well as having some adjustment time before we leave to see how it goes. She will be missed so much, she is such a beautiful loving dog….I pray that she will live a long happy life with these people and be well taken care of. After a few tears I had to go inside, I couldn’t watch her leave…. we love you Dakota.

Now with a little more money in our pockets we need to shop for a few articles of clothing for when we get there, and toiletries. We will be listing the couch and loveseat on Kijiji and I have already taken baby articles to a consignment store (Hamme Downs by the way has gorgeous stuff if you are in Kingston!) Anything else will have to be packed or donated.

I don’t understand how we hardly have anything and the house is a disaster! A little rest and then cleaning of the house for this Momma!

P.S. I would like to thank all who contributed to the yard sale today, helping, selling and babysitting :) We are so lucky to have you all for family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment