Monday, September 13, 2010

Shopping ain’t quite what it used to be….

Had a busy day yesterday, sorted clothes etc…, sold the washer and dryer, did a bit of shopping for Kaitlyn at Old Navy, got her 2 pairs of pants and a top, everything was 30% off! Then we went up to Chris and Lori’s for dinner, had some yummy grub then decided to stay the night since Ryan didn’t have to work until noon today. Watched “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” with Meghan, which was not bad. So all in all a good day!

This morning we got up and headed to TSC to check out this carhardt/tough duck clothing Ryan is supposed to get, but they couldn’t understand why we wanted Winter weight specifically Arctic weight right now…lol, so of coarse they didn’t have it. This seems to be an ongoing problem with moving up north is that we are not able to get the clothing we will need because it is not in season (fyi, it is not that we need it NOW there anyways, but we need to take it with us to avoid shipping charges later). Even the Columbia outlet I went to today to try to get a new winter hat doesn’t have most winter things in yet…. I did manage to get my self a few new things today (which was weird, lol) I bought some jeans (skinny for wearing with boots!) even though I hate skinny jeans, a sweatshirt, and a nice button up shirt… that will have to do me until I get up north, then I will order some stuff online. It was not easy though! I never realised how hard shopping with a baby is! I haven’t went shopping where I wanted to browse since having Kaitlyn. I only got to go to one store in the mall, I had to rush around picking things out while she was fussing, so I only really grabbed things that were easily visible, certainly no picking through things. Then we got into the change room, I tried one outfit on then realized I had low blood sugar….so I had to put my clothes back on, ask the lady to leave the items in the room and rush out to the food court, only to find I didn’t have my wallet! So then I had to go to the car, which I thought was okay because I had a juice in the car, well I was wrong, I used it already…soooo I found my wallet ran back in to the mall and got my juice, while standing in line someone called Kaitlyn a boy!!! (she was wearing blue though, lol) Finally got back to the store and in to the change room, except by this time Kaitlyn was getting really fussy, so I took her out of the cart and let her walk around in the changing room. Being 1, she of coarse had to grab everything in sight and throw it on the floor while I was trying to change, so that was fun, lol. Then I had to open the door because they don’t have mirrors in the change room, which I might add is very annoying! What if I was trying on a bathing suit? So Kaitlyn of coarse takes off running, almost out into the store before veering off to grab some pricing instruments off a cart..lol. This happened about 4 more times while I tried things on. I ended up opting to not try a few things on because I was sweating by the time I was done! So off to the cash I went thinking I had plenty of money with me, but I fell just short due to my purchase of juice, HA! After all of that I had to put a shirt back, urgh! After a few more little inconveniences with the bill I decided to head up to AE to try a few items on so I will know my sizing when I purchase online. I picked up one pair of pants and Kaitlyn started throwing a fit, sooo I put them back and headed home, she fell asleep in the car, she was tired after all that shopping, lol! So all in all I have realized that my long days of browsing and shopping are gone….Good thing you shop online when you move north!

No comments:

Post a Comment