Wednesday, September 15, 2010

T-minus 12 Days Till Departure… last full day in Kingston house

As I am blogging Kaitlyn is her her crib going to sleep (fingers crossed) with a bottle. I am hoping that she will fall asleep so I can shower, eat lunch and maybe get a few more things packed. During her morning nap I was able to do some more research on other blogs about what to bring up north, its always hard because there are conflicting ideas about this with the bloggers and the people we know there. As well as get a lot more kitchen items packed away for storage. I find doing my checking online (facebook, email, blog) while she is supposed to be falling asleep best so if she doesn’t fall asleep I’m not knee deep in 'unsafe’ items in her play area…. I explain this to all of you wondering when I have time to write this blog, haha.

It has been extremely difficult packing with a 1 year old in tow! I basically have 2 (at very most) 1.5 hr blocks of time to do my daily activities (such as showering, laundry, dishes) and packing/organizing each day. Then when Ryan gets home its bedtime routine, dinner for us is usually around 9:30, lol, and then maybe some relaxing…or more packing. I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed, there is not much left to do really, but it just seems like its all these little things that I can’t seem to conquer. It doesn’t help that Ryan’s last pay check sucked and we have even less to buy all the things that we need then we thought we would. My head is spinning all the time trying to figure out what to do next and how to accomplish it…. oh boy, I can’t wait for this stage to be over!!! haha! It will all come in to place, I know it will, somehow Ryan and I always figure it out in the end.

So since the couch is getting picked up tonight we have decided that we will go out to my parents for the next 12 days. That way we can pack up all the little things we have been needing to use here. Plus it will give us some more time to spend with them. Kaitlyn might also be going to their house tonight to give Ryan and I some time to tie up loose ends here.

We need to pack up our suitcases (again) and finish putting the few personal items we are taking with us (pictures, Kaitlyns things, etc.) in the designated bin. We still need to finish filling the bin we have exclusively for diapers and wipes (oh yeah a rubbermaid bin FULL of diapers and wipes is much needed!!!) a package of diapers in Iqaluit costs $79.99 approximately! And well.ca of coarse doesn’t ship diapers of all things, to nunavut. Another bin contains toiletries such as shampoo, body wash, toothpaste etc. in it. Thank goodness we don’t have many clothes because we have 2 suitcases between the 3 of us, and I think Kaitlyn has the most! Our carry-ons will contain our camera’s (video, picture) and laptop, and winter clothing like hats and gloves, plus whatever else we can fit.

Thank goodness Kaitlyn’s mattress and new crib from Ikea (converts to a toddler bed) has already been shipped north, courtesy of Kirstin and Jamie (thanks ;o) ), so either when we get there or a few days later she will have her very own crib to sleep in. Her crib would have been much to heavy and it only converts to a double bed, so it will be perfect for her when we come back.

Kaitlyn has decided not to sleep so off I go, Oh to be in Iqaluit will feel so nice, this is definately got to be the hardest part!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment