Friday, September 10, 2010

T-minus 17 Days Till Departure

So this is my first Blog entry, it was suggested to me by my elderly neighbour that I write everything down about our move up north so that I can later look back and see how things progressed, weather, and changes we notice, the cost of things etc. She said she did this with family trips with her kids and they are now able to look back and find it very interesting. Although our neighbour is well…eccentric to say the least, I found this suggestion to be a good one, but decided to make it modern by of course making it live on the internet…why not? lol. So here it goes….

We are currently sitting at 17 days until the big departure, 16 until we leave for Ottawa. We are having a huge yard sale this Sunday coming and Mom, Kattie and I spent yesterday, sorting, cleaning and pricing everything, what a job! The whole basement is filled, literally. Not to mention the furniture we are currently using, and the table full of stuff in the ‘dungeon’ that is already sold to a friend. So we are neck deep in yard sale stuff, and packed baggage and bins. We also have a storage unit parked in our drive way full of stuff as well. I will be so glad to be done with this purge of STUFF, it will be nice to be travelling lighter. The other thing we have been doing is getting rid of clothing, why do we keep so much stuff we don’t use? I mean really we have had 3 garbage bags full of donation and another couple boxes for sale in the yard sale, but yet are always saying we have nothing to wear! But its true because the stuff we do have we have been wearing since high school, its either too small, faded, has holes in it….. etc… so I look forward to enhancing our wardrobe to look more like adults….I truly understand why there are still people who look like they came out of the 80’s though, it is hard to update these things….anyways, on to information about the move.

So apart from getting ready for the yard sale and move, we also had Kaitlyn’s first birthday last Saturday, that was alot of fun and it was really nice to see everyone! I really wanted to make sure that in all this craziness going on my little girl had a proper first birthday, and I am glad to say that she did, she had cake and everything of coarse. Well it sounds like my little one year old just woke up from her nap, so this blog will have to continue another time….

No comments:

Post a Comment